Veracity 2.5 Release Notes
Veracity 2.5 is now available for download.
- The working copy code has been overhauled to be faster and more reliable.
After upgrading to 2.5, users must checkout new working copies. Commit any changes before upgrading.
- In the web interface, you can now search for changesets from the branch page, yielding their relationship to the branch.
- You can now manipulate branches from the web interface.
- Fixed a bug in 2.1 where a server under heavy load could serve an invalid clone, leading to a zlib error on the client.
- Made several fixes related to displaying Unicode characters on Windows. In particular, error messages and the cat command are better behaved.
Veracity 2.5 has been tested on the following operating systems:
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows Server 2003 SP2 32-bit
- Windows Vista SP2 32 and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 64-bit
- Windows 7 SP1 32 and 64-bit
- Windows 8 32 and 64-bit
- 10.6 Snow Leopard
- 10.7 Lion
- 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid (LTS) 32 and 64-bit
- Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric 32 and 64-bit
- Ubuntu 12.04 Precise (LTS) 32 and 64-bit
- Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal 32 and 64-bit
Veracity works best in one of the following browsers:
- Chrome or Chromium 18+
- Firefox 11+
- Safari 5+
- Internet Explorer 9+ (IE 8 also works, but has some aesthetic issues.)
Known Issues in Veracity 2.5
- On Linux, the gnome keyring package is required. But even with it installed, on a machine without X, --remember does not work.
- Windows allows a small, fixed number of icon overlays in Explorer. People using both Dropbox and Veracity's Tortoise interface will not be able to see Veracity's file lock overlay, which indicates files that you have locked.
Notes for Veracity 2.x Users
The working copy format has changed. After upgrading from any previous version, working copies must be recreated with 2.5. Commit any changes before upgrading.
Notes for Veracity 1.x Users
Teams using Veracity should all use the same major version. 2.x clients only work with 2.x servers and 1.x clients only work with 1.x servers. Teams should move to 2.x together.
- Upgrading from Veracity 1.x requires repositories to be converted to the new format. (Working copies have not changed.) After installing 2.1, type '
vv upgrade' at a command prompt to convert all local repositories.
- 1.x advisory file locks are not upgraded. Files should be re-locked following the upgrade.
- The priority sort is backwards for work items in repositories upgraded from 1.x. Follow these instructions to fix it.
- If you want to revert to 1.x for some reason, you can. Follow these instructions.