Veracity 2.1 Release Notes
Veracity 2.1 is now available for download.
- Native Subversion import support has been implemented. (details)
- The new merge-preview command provides changeset-centric history queries. See
vv help merge-previewfor details.
- "Fast forward" merges (merges that don't require an actual merge) are now handled nicely by
vv mergeand the tortoise app.
- Linux users with X and the Gnome Keyring can now use --remember for onVeracity.com credentials.
- There is now a branch page with a simplified, branch-specific view of source history.
- The changeset page has been simplified. Merge changesets now include a graphical summary of the merge.
- Work item descriptions now support Markdown syntax.
- Search is much faster, includes wiki pages, and has better-formatted results.
- The milestone settings page has been redesigned.
- The wiki now has a link syntax for branch head, version control tag, and saved work item filters. See the wiki help for details.
Noteworthy Bug Fixes
- Several fixes were made in fast-import and fast-export.
Tortoise (Windows Only)
- Moving and renaming working copies is now well-behaved. (details)
- Lots of usability and performance issues were improved.
- You can now change the name and description of released milestones.
- Confirmations when navigating away from an edited page are now more consistent.
- The estimated completion date on the Burndown Chart now correctly corresponds to the chart in all cases.
Users of onVeracity.com can use Veracity's iPad app, which also has a new version.
Veracity 2.1 has been tested on the following operating systems:
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows Server 2003 SP2 32-bit
- Windows Vista SP2 32 and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 64-bit
- Windows 7 SP1 32 and 64-bit
- Windows 8 32 and 64-bit
- 10.6 Snow Leopard
- 10.7 Lion
- 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid (LTS) 32 and 64-bit
- Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric 32 and 64-bit
- Ubuntu 12.04 Precise (LTS) 32 and 64-bit
- Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal 32 and 64-bit
Veracity works best in one of the following browsers:
- Chrome or Chromium 18+
- Firefox 11+
- Safari 5+
- Internet Explorer 9+ (IE 8 also works, but has some aesthetic issues.)
Known Issues in Veracity 2.1
- On Linux, the gnome keyring package is required. But even with it installed, on a machine without X, --remember does not work.
- Windows allows a small, fixed number of icon overlays in Explorer. People using both Dropbox and Veracity's Tortoise interface will not be able to see Veracity's file lock overlay, which indicates files that you have locked.
Notes for Veracity 1.x Users
Teams using Veracity should all use the same major version. 2.x clients only work with 2.x servers and 1.x clients only work with 1.x servers. Teams should move to 2.x together.
- Upgrading from Veracity 1.x requires repositories to be converted to the new format. (Working copies have not changed.) After installing 2.1, type '
vv upgrade' at a command prompt to convert all local repositories.
- 1.x advisory file locks are not upgraded. Files should be re-locked following the upgrade.
- The priority sort is backwards for work items in repositories upgraded from 1.x. Follow these instructions to fix it.
- If you want to revert to 1.x for some reason, you can. Follow these instructions.