Veracity 1.5 Release Notes
Veracity 1.5 is now available for download at http://veracity-scm.com/downloads.html.
It has been tested on the following platforms:
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows Server 2003 SP2 32-bit
- Windows Vista SP2 32 and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 64-bit
- Windows 7 SP1 32 and 64-bit
- Snow Leopard
- Ubuntu 10.04 (LTS) 32 and 64-bit
- Ubuntu 11.10 32 and 64-bit
New Features since Veracity 1.1
Tortoise Interface for Windows
GUI addicts rejoice! The Windows installer includes a tortoise-style shell extension. Check out the getting started tips.
If you'd prefer not to see Tortoise features on Windows, you should install from the Windows zip archive. We'll make it optional in the installer in a future release.
The web interface now includes a markdown-based wiki. The pages are stored in the same distributed repository as your source code and work items.
Noteworthy Bug Fixes since Veracity 1.1
- Several cross-site scripting vulnerabilities in the web interface were eliminated. Commit comments like
<script>alert("Ian is awesome");</script>are not as fun as they used to be.
- Some instances where push was too fussy about new head creation have been fixed.
- The Windows and Mac installers include SourceGear DiffMerge 3.3.2, which has a number of minor bug fixes.
- A bug where deleted tags could cause new tags to be needlessly renamed for uniqueness was fixed.
- A number of bugs in fast-import were fixed and fossil imports were tested.
- Several concurrency and performance improvements were made to the server.
- An issue in the Windows installer that sometimes prevented the server/files config key from being set was fixed.
- The work-per-day estimate for future milestones is now calculated correctly.
- A race condition sometimes causing strange behavior on the changeset page has been fixed.
- Several error messages have been tweaked for clarity.
Notes for Veracity 1.0 Users
If you have repositories that were created with Veracity 1.0 (but not 1.1), they will need to be reindexed. When Veracity notices, it will tell you:
You need to 'vv reindex'.
If you want to be proactive, you can 'vv reindex --repo my_1.0_repo' before you see this message.
- Working copies that are being merged and have conflicts will not upgrade gracefully to 1.5. Avoid upgrading mid-merge. If you do have a working copy in this state when you upgrade, you'll have to revert and redo the merge.
- New folders created in the root of a working copy sometimes incorrectly show the green check, unmodified icon.
- The tortoise history dialog doesn't correctly recognize 1.0 repositories that need reindexing. It will appear to be loading history indefinitely. A reindex will fix it.
- The web history page, when requesting history for an individual file, will show a generic error message on 1.0 repositories that need reindexing, directing you to the server log. The log reveals the "you need to reindex" message.