Veracity 1.5.1 Release Notes
Veracity 1.5.1 is now available for download at http://veracity-scm.com/downloads.html.
It has been tested on the following platforms:
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows Server 2003 SP2 32-bit
- Windows Vista SP2 32 and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 64-bit
- Windows 7 SP1 32 and 64-bit
- Snow Leopard
- Ubuntu 10.04 (LTS) 32 and 64-bit
- Ubuntu 11.10 32 and 64-bit
Bug Fixes since Veracity 1.5
- The crash in the tortoise settings dialog has been fixed.
- The resizing issues in the tortoise commit and status dialog have been fixed.
- In the web interface, the "Add Comment" button is now correctly enabled after canceling a work item edit.
Notes for Veracity 1.0 Users
If you have repositories that were created with Veracity 1.0 (but not 1.1), they will need to be reindexed. When Veracity notices, it will tell you:
You need to 'vv reindex'.
If you want to be proactive, you can 'vv reindex --repo my_1.0_repo' before you see this message.
- Working copies that are being merged and have conflicts will not upgrade gracefully to 1.5. Avoid upgrading mid-merge. If you do have a working copy in this state when you upgrade, you'll have to revert and redo the merge.
- The web history page, when requesting history for an individual file, will show a generic error message on 1.0 repositories that need reindexing, directing you to the server log. The log reveals the "you need to reindex" message.
- The tortoise interface on Windows XP has a resource leak associated with updating the status icons. If explorer.exe is noticably slow, killing the veracity_cache.exe process will resolve it.
- New folders created in the root of a working copy sometimes incorrectly show the green check, unmodified icon.
- The tortoise history dialog doesn't correctly recognize 1.0 repositories that need reindexing. It will appear to be loading history indefinitely. A reindex will fix it.