Veracity 0.5.0 Release Notes
- Full 64-bit support
- Core performance improvements:
- More efficient changeset format
- Better caching of working folder status
- Massive DAG-walking speedup, affecting update, push, pull, etc.
- Repository instance revision numbers (like hg's)
- Web UI improvements:
- Lots of performance improvements, particularly the activity stream
- Improved burndown chart accuracy
- Friendlier layout for adding and editing bugs
- Graphical DAG for source history
- Layout improvements viewing changesets
- Improved progress indicators throughout
- Bug relationships: blocks, depends on, duplicates
- Internet Explorer 8+ compatibility
- Merge improvements
- Default integration with SourceGear Diffmerge
- Resolve handles additional divergent move/rename/delete cases
- Building from source, particularly on Windows, has gotten easier.
- In progress:
- Integration with other diff/merge tools
- Repository packing
Since the 0.3 release in July, most everything has changed.
The repository format has changed.
The layout of .sgdrawer in working copies has changed.
The contents of ~/.sgcloset has changed.
REST APIs, including those used by push/pull/clone, have changed.
Repositories created with 0.3 will not work with 0.5, and vice versa.
Settings saved in .sgcloset by older builds may not show up 0.5.
Working copies should be recreated with the new version.
Clients and servers must be the same version to play nice together.